We love our Sponsors. Please take a moment to visit their fabulous shops.

Brick House Fabrics The Painted Cottage Lovely Crafty Home Start Close In Sunny Day VintageCharm AccentsAdvertise with The Old Painted Cottage

Bella Inspirations Terbearco Katies Rose Cottage Designs American Home and GardenBetter With AgeAvalon Rose DesignGet a Tip Every Time

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

5 Flea Market Style Decorating

I think my headboard mantel painting opinion –should I or shouldn’t I- has been officially swayed. I tallied the votes, and it was 100% “paint it black” across the board. Thanks to all those that weighed in your opinions. Good thing I have a fresh can of Ralph Lauren’s Black Truffle paint ready to go! While I start prepping for that huge project, my friends over at Design Shuffle were kind enough to write a guest post to share with you today….Take it away, Susi!

 

Hi, I’m Susi, a writer for Design Shuffle, a community where interior designers, other design professionals and home owners can share inspiration and projects. It's a great place to find inspiration. One of my favorite blogs for cottage style is The Old Painted Cottage so I am thrilled to be guest blogging about flea market style decorating ideas today. I have a few new pieces in my home but most everything is thrifted or a flea market find. Flea market style decorating is so personal. For me it is a mix of mid-century modern and antiques; for someone else it might be French and vintage cottage. That's what makes it such a fabulous way to decorate! Enjoy these flea market style decorated spaces.

Thrifty Decor

Flea market style can be anything from shabby to chic and everything in between. Traditional and painted pieces mix with classic style accessories in this chic entry.

Thrifty Decor

Love the flea market style in this bedroom. A mix of painted furniture adds interest. The botanical prints, a great flea market find, make a charming trio of artwork above the bed.

Thrifty Decor

Flea market style can also be global. Mixing elements from different countries and styles gives an eclectic look with a global vibe in this home office.

Thrifty Decor

Love this shabby chic room filled with flea market style. Great flea market finds to look for to include in living rooms designs are painted furniture, lighting, china, textiles, and accessories... pretty much everything!

Thrifty Decor

Decorating with flea market finds applies to the walls too. There are some great paintings, prints and photographs by unknown (and sometimes very well known) to be found at flea markets.

Thrifty Decor

Flea market finds are great for styling bookshelves. Beyond vintage hardcover books, look for color and patterns that work with your d├ęcor. Add a few things that speak to your personality too.

Thrifty Decor

Flea market finds are great for decorating a kitchen. Open shelves, a popular trend in kitchen designs these days, are perfect for showing off collections and flea market style.

 Thrifty Decor

Paint is your friend when decorating with flea market finds. Flea market style is all about incorporating different finds into one unique room. Paint can unify everything for a more cohesive look. Images ( 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 ) Similar to a flea market, Design Shuffle is a great place to share ideas and gain inspiration from a variety of interior designers, including San Francisco interior designers and Boston interior designers!

 

Thanks again to Susi for sharing her design inspiration and eye candy for us all to enjoy. I know I’ve already Pinned my favorites! Stay tuned for my painted headboard mantel update…and wish me luck!

greenapple

 

Till next time, click and keep up with us on our favorite sites….

 

http://www.buttonshut.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Love all these!And I wanted to let you know I got a copy of Christmas Ideas a few days ago and was absolutely blown away with your spread. Every little detail was perfection. I literally want to just copy everything you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been hunting and hunting for a flea market to start collect pieces to style bookshelves. No such luck yet, but now I'm officially re-inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer,
    I swoon over your blog and this post. Thank you for sharing.
    Laurie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an informative and creative post! There are so many styles and ways to use flea market finds. I'm really beginning to love the black pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

If you have an inquiry please use my Contact link at the top of my blog. That is the best way to reach me.

If you have a question about our home, please use the Cottage8 link (where you will find tons of FAQs!) at the top of my blog.

I read every comment that is left here. Thanks for taking the time to leave me one!