We love our Sponsors. Please take a moment to visit their fabulous shops.

Brick House Fabrics The Painted Cottage Lovely Crafty Home Start Close In Sunny Day VintageCharm AccentsAdvertise with The Old Painted Cottage

Bella Inspirations Terbearco Katies Rose Cottage Designs American Home and GardenSweet Cottage DreamsAvalon Rose DesignGet a Tip Every Time

Saturday, December 3, 2011

14 Honorable Mention

A word of thanks to all the folks that came to my rescue last week. We had a ball going through literally dozens of holiday home submissions. There were many to choose from, and narrowing it down to just one was the hardest part. Did you see who was ultimately chosen for December’s Cottage of the Month?

Click here to see December’s feature in its entirety!

 

I’ve said it before and I’ll happily say it again: Bloggers Rock. Period. You guys didn’t let me down one single bit. I thought it might be fun to share with you a handful of some of the holiday home submissions I received over this past week….

 

Laura from Finding Home

When Laura emailed me earlier last week, here’s what she had to say about blogging and home renovating “I have been blogging for just over a year and have just completed a full renovation of our home. Our home now reflects our family better and is a comfortable mix of new and vintage treasures.”

 Christmas Mantel 2011 012

 

Christmas Mantel 2011 015

 

Christmas Mantel 2011 208

 

Christmas Mantel 2011 024

 

Christmas Mantel 2011 213

 

Sharon Brandt

Here’s what Sharon had to say about decorating for the holidays: “I love to decorate for Christmas! I actually start as early as October because I decorate other peoples house's for Christmas...so I like to get mine done early. I make a lot of my own decorations and love to frequent the dollar store. My white tree is decorated with dollar store frames I spray painted and printed black and white photos of my boys when they were little at Christmas time.”

sharon18

 

sharon12

 

sharon8

 

sharon9

 

sharon15 

 

Pattie from The Shabby Chick

Pattie had this to say about decorating and family: “I love to entertain and throw parties for my families and friends. I am passionate about cooking, gardening, decorating, and junking. I love finding old treasurers at thrift stores and Goodwill and turning them into new treasures. I'm the owner of the Nail Room, which I run out of my home so I can take care of my daughter Tia, who is in a wheelchair. She is the love of my life.”

pattie6

 

pattie9

 

pattie13

 

pattie2

 

pattie4

 

Alise

Alise has been teaching elementary school for the past twenty seven years. In May of this year, the local Woman’s Club approached Alise and her husband about participating in the Christmas Tour of Homes. “We together decided to share our home with the community through the tour. We have spent the last 6 months sprucing things up around here.” (Photographs courtesy of Jan Madert)

 athompson_AliseHolidayCottage-5

 

 

 jmadert_AliseHolidayCottage-23

 

 jmadert_AliseHolidayCottage-10

 

 jmadert_AliseHolidayCottage-25

 

Maria from Rusty Hinge

We especially got a kick out of what Maria had to say: “Well, I follow your blog and when I saw that you needed a December Cottage, I thought why not, so after Thanksgiving dinner was over I rushed home from my family's holiday celebration downstate to haul out all my Christmas tubs from the garage and got to work.”

maria4

maria10

       maria6

 

maria8

 

maria7  

 

Meaghan from MT Tails

Here’s what Meaghan had to say about living in the country and decorating her dream home: “I live in Ontario Canada with my husband and pets. We moved into our dream home in the country almost 4 years ago and have been renovating it room by room since then. We hunt through antique shows, flea markets and brick & mortar stores to find the pieces that make our home uniquely ours. I work full time as a Registered Dental Hygienist but home design and decor is my passion.”

meg3

 

meg7

 

meg6

 

meg8 

 

meg9

 

I have the BEST readers here on my blog, did I already mention that? You guys are always so courteous to those I feature for Cottage of the Month. I like to visit the blogs of those featured each month and read the comments you all so kindly leave. In fact, it looks like a bunch of you have already visited Carolyn! I just wanted to say thanks. It means a lot to me (and them). Yep, I guess I’m pretty smitten with you guys ♥

Hey, stay tuned for a great Giveaway coming up next post!

 greenapple

Till next time, click and keep up with us on our favorite sites….

 

http://www.buttonshut.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for the feature - it is truly an honor to be here on your site! Off to do more decorating!

    Take care,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic homes, so diverse and each one absolutely gorgeous! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and all the ladies for the LOVELY Christmas home tour...I loved every picture! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are all beautiful, but the last two really captured my eye- especially alise's gorgeous home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jennifer, for the feature on your blog I had so much fun doing this... Have a wonderful Holiday...And a very Happy New Year..All of these home are amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, THANK-YOU so much for the feature! That must have been so much fun to go through the pictures of all these gorgeous homes! I love them all!

    Maria
    PS. You think your readers are the best... we think you are pretty awesome too!! :) Thank you for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All so beautiful- We have a little cottage and I know how sweet they can look at Christmas time-
    Especially love the kitchen-
    Happy Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so generous to give us even more beauty to look at. Thanks Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love today's giveways. Lauri's work is beautilful. Wishing her all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post!! I enjoyed these little snippets and will be off to visit them. :) Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to win the giveaway. I have been looking for great looking burlap for this Christmas season! Found some 4" but it was actually for wrapping trees! The 14" piece for my table is not made well and very stiff. So I'm thrilled to be in touch with Laura's Etsy shop! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. color green my fav. Love all the burlap pillows, stockings, runners; but fell in love with the pedestal cloche. I've always wanted one. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW ! Love everything I've seen on these pages.
    I'm at a loss for words...that never happens:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

If you have an inquiry please use my Contact link at the top of my blog. That is the best way to reach me.

If you have a question about our home, please use the Cottage8 link (where you will find tons of FAQs!) at the top of my blog.

I read every comment that is left here. Thanks for taking the time to leave me one!