We love our Sponsors. Please take a moment to visit their fabulous shops.

Brick House Fabrics The Painted Cottage Lovely Crafty Home Start Close In Sunny Day VintageCharm AccentsAdvertise with The Old Painted Cottage

Bella Inspirations Terbearco Katies Rose Cottage Designs American Home and GardenSweet Cottage DreamsAvalon Rose DesignGet a Tip Every Time

Thursday, March 29, 2012

30 Cottages & Bungalows and Kitchens too

Hello Friends!

I have some exciting news I’ve been keeping from you. (Not intentionally keeping it from you of course, I’ve just been super busy with lots of positive things on my plate!)

Our humble little home, Cottage8, is featured in not one, but TWO magazines! I was contacted by one very kind Rebecca Razo, and it is thanks to her, and her believing in me, that this dream has become reality. Beyond that, I am even more excited because ALL of the photographs in both magazines are my own, and I styled all of the shots myself as well. A first time gig! I was shaking in my boots up until the publications finally arrived in my mailbox and I could see my work in print. There’s a whole different learning curve when it comes to photographing for magazines, versus blogs and websites. But we’ll save that for another post.

Here’s the February/March issue of Cottages & Bungalows Magazine, and our master bedroom is featured on pages 78 - 82.

cottages cover 

c&b2


c&b3 

We are also featured in the Spring 2012 issue of Kitchens Magazine, on pages 40 – 47.




kitchen



kitchen1



kitchen2



kitchen3


It is such a “pinch me, I must be dreaming” kind of feeling, seeing your home in two separate national magazines at the same time. I actually still can’t believe it!

greenapple

In other news, it’s time to announce the winner of the Burlap Bunny Giveaway….

Congratulations to Elizabeth from Home is Where the Heart is! Elizabeth, Laurie will be in touch with you shortly to go over details.

Is it too early to start thinking about the weekend? We’re selling at the Ventura Flea Market on Sunday, and we’re already getting packed up for the show. I hope you’ll come see us and all our unique goods and curious finds. It’s supposed to be a gorgeous, sunny day and hopefully a great show!

 

This post brought to you by…. 


Till next time, click and keep up with us on our favorite sites….

http://www.buttonshut.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jennifer, you did such a beautiful job on your home it was just a matter of time.

    The articles look great and I have never seen Cottages and Bungalows magazine, will have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennifer, that so exciting!! WooHoo!! I will have to get out to the store and pick them up!!

    You truely deserve this. You two have done an amazing job on your hoome.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh!!! congrats! you so deserve all this goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jennifer! I just realized I have this Cottages & Bungalows issue so I ran over and grabbed it so I can read your article. Your home is so lovely it should be in these magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer,
    Congratulations!! Your home is so gorgeous. I love every inch of it.I can't wait to get my issue.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm not really surprised that your beautiful kitchen is in the magazine. I know I plan to use many of your ideas when we remodel our kitchen.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. It's great to see rooms coming along, and then to see the finished product in magazines. Kudos!
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! It must have been a real treat to see how well the articles turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the Cottages & Bungalows, but I need to buy the Kitchen magazine. My daughter is painting her kitchen cabinets and plans to buy butcherblock countertops from IKEA. I sent her to your blog to view your kitchen and she ( me too ) is in love! Congratulations on both magazine features!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your style. Your features in two national publications is definitely well deserved! Congratulations!cathywhatisoldisnew

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! That's so great for you! You deserve it.

    Speaking of, I recently got Fifi's book, finally, and I got such a thrill out of seeing your home in it -- I was showing to everyone, saying, "Look, it's Jennifer's house from The Old Painted Cottage!" Funny!

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on all your hard work and on publications. I have both magazines and enjoyed both articles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Jennifer! How exciting for you.....and well deserved, sweetie! Congratulations!!!!!!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Jennifer - I cannot imagine being featured in one magazine, and you are being featured in two - major kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to you. My home has also been in magazines but for you to take the fabulous shots now that's a real accomplishment. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your home is so beautiful. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!
    I'll have to pick up copies for myself!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhhh! I just missed seeing you!! :( we just passed through the Ventura area on our way home to Oregon from spring break. I hope your sale goes well! Fabulous on the magazine features!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Jennifer, no wonder you are excited and so you should be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to you!!! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm hoping to make it to Ventura on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being in TWO magazines! Your home looks gorgeous and your pictures are so professional! What great decorating talent you have! I'm going to have to find the magazines and read the articles and see the pictures in person! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your mag press Jennifer! So happy for you! Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is HUGE news! CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great news, Jennifer! Your staging and photos makes the icing on the cake sweeter!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness! THIS IS HUGE and fabulous and great news, Jennifer!
    I am so excited and thrilled for you! What a honor and your photos are awesome.
    I would love to hear the difference between the blog photos and magazine photos.
    Hope you will post on that soon!

    Thanks again for hosting my house last month. Still trying to find a box large enough to mail a little something to you. :)

    Congrats! (Have been in FL for a week and the blog was attacked my an infected site for a couple weeks so I did not get to jump around a visit blogs.... spent every available moment I could trying to fix the issues!

    Sorry I have been MIA for a while!
    Hope you can stop by and check out the Tartan Parade going on over at my place today through the 4th!?

    xoxox
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats Jennifer! Your home and photography are so gorgeous - it's no surprise to see it in magazines!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jennifer! I'm so happy for you! And I'm thrilled that you got to do your own styling. Last time your home was photographed for a magazine, it was clearly not styled by you, and I was sad they didn't just let you do your own thing! You do such an amazing job. Truly you are extremely talented in both styling and photography. Congratulations to you! Must make all the sweat and tears worth it...... absolutely adore you and your blog.
    xo,
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Jennifer,
    You must be over the moon excited. Jennifer I have been reading your blog since 2007, you inspired me to start blogging in 2008, my blog is a very simple one and I am still learning how to take pictures LOL. Your style of design I admire very much and used your paint color in my Master Bedroom and wrote you about it, also I purchased the black army vintage phone from your shop. I have watched your blog and home develop into one of the best loved blogs and homes around. You keep it "real" and I love that about you. I am so very happy for your success and many accomplishments. You and your husband have worked together to make a dream come true of owning a house and making it your home. Your home is full of everything you love and treasure and each other. Congratulations to you both.
    PS. I was the winner of the sweet burlap bunny designed by Laurie....
    Wishing you a very Happy Easter, Big hugs Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

If you have an inquiry please use my Contact link at the top of my blog. That is the best way to reach me.

If you have a question about our home, please use the Cottage8 link (where you will find tons of FAQs!) at the top of my blog.

I read every comment that is left here. Thanks for taking the time to leave me one!