We love our Sponsors. Please take a moment to visit their fabulous shops.

Brick House Fabrics The Painted Cottage Lovely Crafty Home Start Close In Sunny Day VintageCharm AccentsAdvertise with The Old Painted Cottage

Bella Inspirations Terbearco Katies Rose Cottage Designs American Home and GardenBetter With AgeAvalon Rose DesignGet a Tip Every Time

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

25 Cottage8: Fall Inspired Mantel

For the first time last night, it was finally chilly enough to bring out all my favorite wool and chunky knit blankets and snuggle next to the fireplace. Hooray, Fall is finally here!

The Old Painted Cottage: Fall Mantel 

Since we
renovated our fireplace wall and had a custom mantel put in, it’s become my favorite place to celebrate the seasons. Remember when we decorated it for Summer earlier this year?

m01

This past weekend I decided it was about time to take down those ol’ seashells and nautical touches and bring in a little Fall inspired decor…

The Old Painted Cottage: Fall Mantel

I made it my mission to “shop the house” and only use items I already had, with just one exception – the gourds I got from my friend Diane last weekend. I couldn’t resist!

The Old Painted Cottage: Fall Mantel

The dusty-green tall branches and spanish moss were from Michaels, the antique pickling jar is from Europe, the mercury glass and slate urn were picked up at flea markets, and the black pumpkin is from Target…

The Old Painted Cottage: Fall Mantel The Old Painted Cottage: Fall MantelThe Old Painted Cottage: Fall Mantel

The pheasant feathers came from Remnants of the Past a couple years back, and that tall “vase” is actually a repurposed car horn!

The Old Painted Cottage: Fall Mantel

Those brown acorns always bring a smile to my face. They were gathered up on a warm afternoon walk last Fall, with my friend Laurie, as we giggled and gabbed on our acorn hunt adventure…

The Old Painted Cottage: Fall Mantel The Old Painted Cottage: Fall MantelThe Old Painted Cottage: Fall Mantel

Of all the seasons, I believe I love the Fall the best…

The Old Painted Cottage: Fall Mantel


Thanks so much for joining us here today. I’ve love to know what’s inspiring you this Fall season!

I’m linking up to Centsational Girl’s Fall Mantel Party.

greenapple

 

Till next time, click and keep up with us on our favorite sites….

http://www.buttonshut.com

Follow Me on Pinterest


25 comments:

  1. Your mantel looks wonderful. I love using what I have in our home and in our yard to decorate with. So much a part of the fun is using what we have.

    Thanks for always being such an inspiration.

    Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, my talented designer friend!
    hugs
    Laur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall mantel is so cozy looking. Just what I love about fall. The chill in the air, cozy blankets and a crackling fire. This is just beautiful. I love using what we have in our cottage and yard as well ~ after all it is harvest season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer such a beautiful fall mantel display. I love that you shopped the house for things to make it so pretty. The cozy fire and blankets!!!! Ohhhhh what I love about fall.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love how you've incorporated colors of nature. Recently I picked as many acorns as I could fit in a bag and have brought them inside to use... I think they are so fun. And I'm just loving your gourds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty mantle Jennifer,it'd always great to use what you have on hand.I'm crazy about that horn turned vase. Your acorn story made me chuckle because I was out in my yard today collecting acorns. My husband and kids laughed at me for washing them in soap and water. Did you wash yours too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just going to come STEAL your mantel. I want mine to look like that when it grows up. Fabulous! Love the whole look and vibe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. jennifer- looks so cozy and warm ( even without the fire) !

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great, Jennifer! Very cozy and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always Jennifer, it is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great!!!! I'm missing the fall celebration that I loved so much in the states.....France is just not in to it like we are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. those gourds are fabulous, and deserve to be the centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the rustic look of your mantel. The repurposed car horn is a great idea for the vase- cool feather too! I get an occasional turkey feather here but that's it! That's nice that you have memories of picking up things like the acorns. I have them in my yard later in the fall...I'd have to compete with the squirrels for them! I like the layering of the pumpkins, gourds and books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I adore what you've done with your mantle! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks fantastic, Jennifer!
    I love fall too. Love the addition of the dried
    Spanish moss... perfection!

    xoxox
    Alison

    (Oh, and love that plaid blanket too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mantel is so inspiring! I love the feathers and gourds and the black pumpkin & owl are so unexpected!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  17. P.S. I'm now following. Have a great weekend!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I'm glad it's fall SOMEWHERE! It was about 100 degrees here today!! Your mantle looks great! I love the acorns and the spanish moss!! I'm now following you! =) Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! You did a great job, love all you do. Di

    ReplyDelete
  20. Was browsing the blog, and had to tell you again... Love your mantel :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it!!
    You are right, Fall is best.
    You have something I spotted once and didn't buy...that
    yardlong of the swimmers! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

If you have an inquiry please use my Contact link at the top of my blog. That is the best way to reach me.

If you have a question about our home, please use the Cottage8 link (where you will find tons of FAQs!) at the top of my blog.

I read every comment that is left here. Thanks for taking the time to leave me one!