We love our Sponsors. Please take a moment to visit their fabulous shops.

Brick House Fabrics The Painted Cottage Lovely Crafty Home Start Close In Sunny Day VintageCharm AccentsAdvertise with The Old Painted Cottage

Bella Inspirations Terbearco Katies Rose Cottage Designs American Home and GardenSweet Cottage DreamsAvalon Rose DesignGet a Tip Every Time

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

6 You are my sunshine

Hi, it’s me, mid-project girl. Remember the Allure flooring project we recently completed in our office and shared on our blog? I’ve been looking for some really cool wall art for this room for a super long time, and truthfully, it’s been a rather exhaustive search.

Aside from the kitchen, this is one of the hardest working rooms in our house. It’s a small 8 x 10 space that serves as a bedroom and dual office work space for two busy individuals. Space is something we don’t take for granted, so every piece we bring in is carefully considered.

I finally found my art choice for this room, and I was so excited when it arrived from my friend Kristi over at
Barn Owl Primitives a couple weeks back.


While I knew exactly what was wrapped up inside this pretty package, I wasn’t prepared for how fabulous it would look in our space.

sunshine

…You Are My Sunshine…

sunshine1
This is one of the brightest (and smallest) rooms in our house. It fits the sunny disposition and cheerful mood of this space perfectly.

sunshine3

I can’t think of a better way to wake up to greet each day!

sunshine4

I’m such a die hard fan of Kristi’s work. Each sign is distressed and antiqued and hand painted by her. Just check out those gorgeous brush strokes…

sunshine5

We had the choice of Golden Yellow or Straw, and we went with Straw…


You Are My Sunshine Sign Typography Word Art in Golden Yellow or Straw Heavily Distressed


It came signed by Kristi herself…

sunshine6

Best part, it arrived with the saw tooth hanger already attached. All we needed was a nail and hammer and this baby was good to go. (Not like we needed the extra motivation, but it made it all the more sweeter for this impulsive soul!)

sunshine7




To check out Kristi’s hand painted signs, click here. I promise you she’s wonderful to work with!
greenapple 

PS - We are still experiencing an issue with our “Subscribe” button. We appreciate that so many of you wish to receive blog updates, and please know we are currently trying to figure out how to resolve this issue. In the meantime, thanks for reading. We are so happy to have you here!

Wishing you a wonderful rest of your week friends : )




Till next time, click and keep up with us on our favorite sites…
 
facebook-300-n4333233googleplus-300-n5333233pinterest-300-n5333233instagram-3005333233rss-300-n5333233linkedin-300-n5333233twitter-300-n5333233
 
Vintage Social Networking Icons

Get new posts delivered to your inbox for free!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

6 comments:

  1. Perfect sign for you, Miss Sunshine! Hope to see you at TVM this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the whole room is so charming. I wish I could pull things together like I see you and other bloggers do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign.is precious, but I would love to know about those adorable shoes in the.pic at the top of the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for.all the extra punctuation in my previous comment, my phone is going a little cra tonight:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

If you have an inquiry please use my Contact link at the top of my blog. That is the best way to reach me.

If you have a question about our home, please use the Cottage8 link (where you will find tons of FAQs!) at the top of my blog.

I read every comment that is left here. Thanks for taking the time to leave me one!