We love our Sponsors. Please take a moment to visit their fabulous shops.

Brick House Fabrics The Painted Cottage Lovely Crafty Home Start Close In Sunny Day VintageCharm AccentsAdvertise with The Old Painted Cottage

Bella Inspirations Terbearco Katies Rose Cottage Designs American Home and GardenBetter With AgeAvalon Rose DesignGet a Tip Every Time

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

36 Cottage8: Finding Fall Home Tour

findingfallhometoursfinal2 thumb Finding Fall Home Tour: 16 Fabulous Bloggers & BHG!!!

Hi there! I’m excited to be one of the 16 bloggers participating in the
Finding Fall Home Tours.
 
To start the tour from the very beginning, just click here to visit first home on the tour...
 
 
 
And if you came from Gina’s, Jessica’s, or Karen's blog, welcome!
 
For those of you who are here for the first time, allow me introduce myself. I’m Jennifer and I live in Southern California with my husband Adam. We bought our first home five years ago, which we refer to as Cottage8. This house was a complete disaster when we first bought it, and little by little we completely renovated our home, ripped out our kitchen and started from scratch, all pretty much on a shoestring budget! You can see our amazing before’s and after’s here.     

     
Now come on in and see how I decorate for the Fall season…
      
     
The Old Painted Cottage

 
I like to keep things pretty natural when it comes to my decorating style. Bringing nature indoors and keeping an organic feel throughout our home is what I strive for. My color palette is a blend of taupe, cream and black. I love the mood these colors lend to a space, especially this time of year… 
        
The Old Painted Cottage


The Old Painted Cottage


fall home tour 283


fall home tour 331


fall home tour 404


fall home tour 353


fall home tour 0093


fall home tour 0156


fall home tour 381

 
Here’s a look at our dining room. Using simple materials such as old sheet music for placemats, rattan plate chargers, and velvet pumpkins in raffia nests makes for a really rustic yet elegant table… 
        
fall home tour 332


fall home tour 351


fall home tour 219


fall home tour 359


fall home tour 277


fall home tour 150


fall home tour 0065


fall home tour 005


fall home tour 173

 
On the left, that’s our fridge! It was one of my very first DIY projects before there were blogs. Find out how I turned this 1970’s avocado green monster into something custom and fabulous with no power tools, only a glue gun and a hand saw. Click here to get the details
         
fall home tour 0078


fall home tour 0282


fall home tour 260


fall home tour 321


fall home tour 0134

 
I think one of my favorite things about Fall is the abundance of vibrant autumn veggies! Adam and I are both vegan, and the pleasure we get from local, organic homemade farm to table meals is something we love to share with our family and friends… 
        
2


8


purple artichoke

 
Just a short walk down our hallway leads to our master bedroom… 
        
4

 
We styled our bedroom for Fall a couple years ago, and I still love how it turned out. The mirrors and branches were strictly for photographic purpose and came down immediately after the shoot… 
        
masterblog4


masterblog6


masterblog7

 
I really hope you enjoyed this tour of our home! If you have any questions about anything you’ve seen here, please just leave us a comment below and we will reply right away. We love reading your comments, thanks so much!

I also wish to thank Laura from Finding Home. None of this would have been possible without all the hard work and time Laura has put into this project. We are incredibly flattered to share in the spotlight of some extremely talented bloggers. To visit the next home on the tour, please click here to visit Karen the Graphics Fairy.
 
 
 
You can also follow along on our Better Homes & Gardens Finding Fall Home Tours Pinterest board.

greenapple


Till next time, click and keep up with us on our favorite sites…
 
 
         
facebook-300-n43332332334googleplus-300-n53332332334pinterest-300-n53332332334instagram-30053332332334rss-300-n53332332334linkedin-300-n53332332334twitter-300-n53332332334         
Get new posts delivered to your inbox for free! And our Subscription Box is now working! It’s taken a lot of tries, but we’ve worked out all the kinks! Please subscribe to our blog in the box below…

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

36 comments:

  1. It's. all. Gorgeous. Jenny from the Block ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jennifer, it is all just gorgeous! Love your styling and I analyze every detail, lol. Love your new sofa. Everything is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jennifer I love all your touches of fall through out the house. So tasteful and simple and beautiful. Your styling is so gorgeous. Love it all.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post, Jennifer! Fall is my favorite season and your house is looking wonderfully dressed up for the occasion. I, too, love the colors that come along with this time of year, in the seasonal foods and outdoors. I will be busy pinning from your post and I hope to visit some of the others on the tour, where I will probably be getting lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! You are welcome to Pin anything you like, and I'm glad you're checking out the other bloggers homes...there are all amazing!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jennifer! Everything looks beautiful and cozy! I especially enjoy the velvet pumpkins on the chargers! So clever! And I love the cream pumpkins on your mantel... did you buy or make those? Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! They're from Pottery Barn. I was stalking that store early this year and was so happy when they brought them out!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely & welcoming home. I am so thrilled I have found your blog! I blame Pinterest...but now look forward to exploring your entire blog especially with the cooler Fall weather so quickly approaching. Love the velvet pumpkins...I may need to grab some material & get to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missie! Yep, Pinterest gets me every time...like when I think I'll spend just 10 minutes browsing my favorite boards, which quickly turns into 3 hours...yikes! Happy sewing : )

      Delete
  7. So pretty and I love the BAKERY sign. Super cozy home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy seeing your beautiful home and your dining room is my favourite room. I remember when you made it over and I still love it. I like your fall touches and the 3 pumpkins under the bakery sign. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful home - thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home has inspired me for quite some time, Jennifer. It looks lovely with the additions for Fall. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jennifer,
    I'm a bit late, but I finally made it over and I'm so glad I did!! Your house is absolutely gorgeous!! Your kitchen is so charming and I want to steal that wonderful glass dome!
    Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer,

    What a great job! I have been a follower for years. I gasped when I saw the new sofa. Score! Everything about your home inspires me.

    ~Becky from No. California

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing like I knew it would be!! LOVE the new sofa!! Your home is so cozy!! I still want that plate rack in your kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my favorite on the tour so far...I am like you, the simple outdoor to indoor is so appealing and calm.
    I am glad to have found this spot in the web...I will be back often.
    So inspiring indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jennifer. I've always loved your home. It looks amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jennifer - thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us - it is stunning. Love the pumpkins on the table. Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. my dear friend......
    and HELLO to Adam, too.
    MAN! you both have put your
    heart and souls into cottage
    8 and i never get tired of
    seeing these beautiful photos
    of your most lovingly appointed
    home. love lives in cottage 8.

    much love, always.

    b

    ReplyDelete
  18. It all looks fabulous! I love you style!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing your fall touches with us. Subtle, natural and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love your home. It appeals to the senses in so many ways. Textures and light- warmth and whimsy- I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your ever-changing home is always a source of inspiration! Thanks for sharing.
    xo
    jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your home is beautiful! So cozy and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous...new follower. Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

If you have an inquiry please use my Contact link at the top of my blog. That is the best way to reach me.

If you have a question about our home, please use the Cottage8 link (where you will find tons of FAQs!) at the top of my blog.

I read every comment that is left here. Thanks for taking the time to leave me one!